"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!"
Lucy Van Pelt in Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sweet little you.




My sweet, little Princess,
How you grow so fast!
It was only yesterday that I saw you for the first time,
Heard your first coo, watched you pull up, took your first step,
Pookie, you were born with knowing eyes, so unexpected.

My sweet little Clown,
How you make me laugh!
Smiling with cheeks stained with cheese flavored chips
Playing the teasing game you taught us and wearing daddy's shoes,
Rara, you are so loveable, you melt my heart.

My sweet, little Rascal,
Please slow down your pace.
It's hard to believe that you're running around now,
Causing minor chaos, spilling cups of water, breaking mommys make-up,
Hala, don't cry, I may get angry but I love you anyway.

My sweet little Angel,
You fill my heart with love!
You inspire me in more ways than you will ever know,
Bringing home flowers, giving little big hugs and showering your sweet kisses,
Pumpkin, you are blessing sent from God above.

My sweet little Rashidah,
Mommy will always be here for you.
Singing the songs you love to hear, the ones that make you laugh and dance,
Giving you hugs, wiping your tears, kissing your boo-boos,
You are everything I could ever want in a daughter.

Everything and more.

7 comments:

Roy Rosado said...

hey babe,
surprisingly...u wrote a poem..hmmm...whats becoming of you..hehe..sounds real good, loving and sweet babe..love it...maybe you should print it out and frame it...never ever read a poem from you until today....yes she is sweet, too smart for her age and everything in between...love you both and keep bloggin babe...looking foward to more of your posts.
all my love
Roy

Helbaby said...

Hi darling,
I know! I surprised myself, then again, Rashidah Hala Rosado is so much of an inspiration. I guess poetry is just speaking from the heart. I mean when it comes to the technical aspect of it, I do not think I would get a gold star, but your approval really does beat any grade.

Leonardo Melendez said...

Poets, poems, peanuts, pappots!
What have we here? Ah yes, I like. Detailed, lots of feeling, lots of love.

She's smart indeed and seemingly all grown up for a 20 month old!?

Helbaby said...

Yes Leo, that she is. My baby's growing so fast! I know I'll cry when she starts kinder. Go away horrid thoughts go away!

Beth said...

oMom celebrated the day I started kinder...

I think it is exciting. "My" baby (ok..he is not really mine...) started big school this year even though he is only four. He ahead of his class in learning to sound out words and he is fascinated with reading. I miss my little Papi who I used to papmer, but I enjoy having a quick-wit, innocent companion. He doesn't miss a thing and keeps me in check!

I love your poem though. You are the first of my friends to write a poem about their children. Robert Louis Stevenson, watch out.

Helbaby said...

My sister celebrated the day the twins started kinder...they are the last of the 4 so she was relieve to finally have some hours in the day to herself.

Before I had my very own child to love, I loved hers like they were my own, I still do. My husband Roy met two of them and was fond of them right off the bat...he's so good with kids. I thinks its cause he likes to play just as much as they do.

like I said before she just inspired me to put my love for her in writing, I cannot imagine any element of my thoughts being published for sale.

Beth said...

I have kids like that.

Hence, when I speak of one of "my babies" or "my children", don't think I actually birthed them, even though it sometimes feels that way.