"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!"
Lucy Van Pelt in Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Bake, Bake, Bake

Seems like a weekly thing now.

Tonight will be
  • marble pound cake...a fluffy, moist, simple pastry with a hint of chocolate swirl
  • candy bar brownies...a sinfully wicked treat moist brownies with caramel
  • cupcakes...made with pound cake batter and decorated pretty.
No, it's not for my family, it's for our hotel lobby... I know that will be a bummer for my peanut... he just looooooves these brownies.

The cup cakes are another story, I really need only two... we are having a wedding couple stay here, normally I do a little gift box with chocolate that I make... but this time I'm thinking I will do a little extra, I'll stick a "bride" chocolate lollipop on one decorated cupcake and a "groom" one on another... and put a few "congratulations" bars all around. I can't imagine anyone not liking that. I guess I'm going out a little more for these two because this is the first time both the bride and groom came to see the room, along with mommy...and they were so happy, there was no mistaking the love there.

Another delight that will be in our little "goodies" showcase, is Mrs. Emily's Lemon Pie...
boy it's good..but now a days her presentation is a little off... I saw one made by someone else the other day that made me want to devour it just because it looked so good...with perfectly formed browned tipped peeks...
if only I had the time, I'd make it myself. Who knows... perhaps this weekend.

Images to come soon, but now I wait for my night shift to come in and I'm off to go swim...yes I know it's 6pm and I'll probably end up with a cold, but who cares.... Thank God for oranges, vitamin C in a pill, Robitussin...or Contac...or Tylenol Cold or Cold- Eze w/zinc

5 comments:

Beth said...

Go girl, enjoy your swim. If you get a cold, I will e-nurse you back to health.

It looks like will have to spend my honeymoon at your place(when and if I get married)...

I used to bake a lot. That is the only really girlish thing I used to do. It made my brothers happy, impressed their friends, gave Mom a rest, and sweeten my tongue. Now I don't bake, though...that's a nostalgic thought.

dot said...

My mouth is watering!

Leonardo Melendez said...

When I went to the hotel, I craved a sample of the pie and brownies. But then I checked my pockets and ... damn, it sucks being busted-ass broke !

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helbaby said...

Weird this thingy is saying that I deleted a comment....don't remember doing that.. how strange. Wait a sec...it says by author...that means the person who wrote it? Sorry Leo, i didn't know you wanted a slice...I'd have given you one..maybe you needed to do the wimpering puppy move...you know the one pressed up close to the window...I get so wrapped up in work I forget to be observant of others around me. Sah-wee =0(