"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!"
Lucy Van Pelt in Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Parenting=Change

Before becoming a mother my interests were volleyball, rollerblading, going to movies, and alternative/rock music. My time was for me. Meals were anything that could be eaten on the run and if nothing is edible in the fridge then that meal gets skipped with out so much as a second thought. 
Now, my interests have changed and my likes are now pretty much dependent on that of my kids interest: playing cards, arts and craft, tickles. My body's idea of exercise is changing diapers that stink so bad it makes me sneeze causing my body to stiffen and do an involuntary abdominal crunch. There HAS to be something edible in the fridge, you think a hungry man is an angry man, just wait until you meet a baby with food on its mind.  

Who would have thought an avid listener of groups like: Godsmack, Disturbed, and Linkin Park would turn into the cream puff that runs to the TV when  Noggin's  Papa Moco Jumbie comes on.  



Lyrics 
Part I

It's carnival time in my town today
So papa & I get our costumes ready
Oh I cannot wait for everybody to see
when papa stands on his stilts
he becomes a moco jumbie

My papa's a moco jumbie
Stands tall as the eyes can see
I wish I was tall as daddy
He dances to bring harmony
Come on son, dance with me
(while) I know I may be small but I wish I was tall
So for the carnival day I could moco jumbie my way

repeat chorus 2 x
My papa's a moco jumbie
Stands tall as the eyes can see
I wish I was tall as daddy
He dances to bring harmony
and now he's dancing with me

And while I may be small we came up with a way 
So for the carnival day I could moco jumbie my way 

Me and my papa today, dancing down the carnival way

Can't help it.  I LOVE this song.   

2 comments:

Beth said...

Haha. I love it too.

I hear about growing up. Sometimes when I realize how ungrown up and instable I am it makes me shudder.

Roxanne Beckford Hoge said...

THANK you SO much for posting the lyrics -- now my kids and I can sing along. And it IS a crazily catchy toon! :)