"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!"
Lucy Van Pelt in Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

He Walks!

It's been about a month since Rafiq has started making little steps on his own, but honestly I thought how much longer will it be until he finally builds the confidence to go the distance on his own?  Today after 14 months and 4 days he finally took his first walk into toddler-hood, walking across the room and even changing direction at the last second.   Neil Armstrong eat your heart out.  

Boys certainly are different.  Unlike his sister at this age, he tries to eat fruit from the garbage, climbs on anything that will take him up a level or four, throws anything he's bored of in the fish tank including but not limited to bottles, toys, TV remote, keys, and sunglasses. He tries to climb out of his crib even though he still didn't know how to walk yet, and has an irresistible urge to go after his weenie as air touches it.  

Did i mention that I think boys are weird.   Cute but weird.  He even laughs at his own farts.  What can I say gotta love em.

2 comments:

Leonardo Melendez said...

Mr. Independent! Now you don't need to bend down and pick him up when he's crying. Why would you, when he can walk it off! Hehehe

Beth said...

Boys are wierd. I am currently going through the shock of one of my little dudes grow to the place where he is no longer interesting and happy to see me.

Maybe I need to get him a present. But I don't think I can bribe my way but into his boyish heart.